Tax Administrative Assistant – Full-time
A growing CPA firm with offices in Westlake/southwest Austin and northwest Austin has a Tax Administrative Assistant career opportunity. For the self-motivated individual we offer a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience. The Firm is looking for a high-energy, self-accountable, detailed-oriented individual to join the team of one of the top CPA firms in Austin.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide administrative support to the tax department in a manner that optimizes efficiency, resources, and client satisfaction
- Prepare correspondence, proofread and format documents using Microsoft Word
- Handle email, mail, calls and scheduling of tax team members appointments
- Review of electronic and paper correspondence, reports, and other documents; prioritizes such materials and prepares summaries as necessary
- Assist in development of training materials and external communications
- Assist in maintaining electronic workflow applications to be current and accurate
- Coordinates with team members to ensure completeness, accuracy, and timeliness of workflows
- Work collaboratively to provide overflow and backup support for other team members
- Champion process improvement efforts
- Be a positive influence for the administrative team and the tax department
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
- Tech savvy with the ability and desire to embrace necessary software applications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with all Microsoft applications
- Superior organizational and follow-through skills with strong attention given to details and deadlines
- Flexibility to change direction frequently between tasks and between different clients
- Proven ability to work in a high-volume, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and handle multiple projects while prioritizing, planning and organizing projects simultaneously
- Ability to operate with a sense of urgency
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision as well as work cooperatively with all levels of management and employees
- Open to constructive feedback and on-going self-improvement
Duties would be carried out primarily in the northwest Austin office with occasional visits to the Westlake/southwest Austin office during office hours Monday – Friday.
If you are someone who loves handling many details in a dynamic work environment, this job is for you!
Please complete the online employment application below with information not recorded on an attached cover letter and resume.